The Small Electrical Appliance Marketing Association (SEAMA) represents
the interests of its members who are importers and manufacturers
of small electrical appliances in the UK.
Products covered by SEAMA fall into two principal categories:
- Kitchen and household appliances, eg irons, kettles, toasters,
food preparation, etc.
- Personal care (EPC), eg hair dryers, stylers, shavers, blankets,
SEAMA has six principal objectives:-
- To provide a forum for members for the exchange of ideas and information
concerning the marketing of small electrical appliances.
- To protect, promote and safeguard the interests of the industry
as a whole.
- To provide a focal point for communication with media and government.
- To increase the buyers and consumers knowledge on the industry.
- To undertake market research and other activities in order to
expand the sale of small electrical appliances as a whole.
- To undertake all such other activities which, in the opinion of
the Management Committee, help achieve the above objectives, or
are otherwise in the interests of the Association and/or its members.
Seama Articles - click here...
Formed by the President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer and
up to 2 other members, the Management Committee is responsible
for managing the business of the Association, each being a Director
Business Representatives Committee
Business Meetings are held 3 or 4 times a year and are the forum
for Chief Executives, or their nominated representatives, to meet,
discuss and agree SEAMA action or activity on any current or foreseen
issues that may impact on the business of members.
The SEAMA EOSC (Environmental, Operations and Safety Committee) meets twice a year, or more
often if necessary, to discuss and agree a common industry understanding
regarding product returns, service matters, the impact of proposed
legislation and other issues that affect the design, quality and
safety of products.
Statistics supplied under the SEAMA/GfK contract are provided
under a cost sharing basis with other subscribing SEAMA members.
The Statistics Committee provides a forum to discuss members
requirements from market statistics and any underlying trends.
Return to home page